If you have tried everything under the sun but still haven’t been able to lose much weight except for a pound or two, this article is for you.
Women face some unique challenges while trying to get their body in shape. So, whether you’re trying to lose 5 pounds or 50, it is important to understand that diet fads come and go, but sensible weight loss ideas stand the test of time. You don’t have to sacrifice on your social life or kill your pay check to slim down. Follow the below mentioned ’7 Weight Loss Tips For Women’ that won’t be heavy on your pocket, nor leave you depressed and ill-looking post weight loss.
- Exercise Every DayThere is no way out, you MUST sweat it out if you wish to have visible results. This is because your body needs to burn not the the fat that is already stored, but also the food that you consume every day needs to be digested properly. No further fat storage, please! Hence, any exercise such as walking for an hour every morning can help you lose weight and keep it off.
- Control The Portion SizeYou need to eat fruits if you want to lose weight but you shouldn’t eat 5 whole fruits all at one time. Thus, whatever food you consume you need to control the portion size. One serving size does the job, even if it is a healthy food item. Try having one particular plate and a bowl at home which you always use to eat. This way you will automatically eat food in controlled portions.
- Drink Water And Green TeaWater not just keeps hunger at bay, it also flushes out toxins from your body; toxins that make your metabolism slow and promote fat storage. The cleaner your system is, the faster your weight loss will be. Try squeezing half a lemon in a glass of water, add a spoon full of honey (natural sugar!) every morning to kick start your metabolism. Try replacing your normal tea or coffee with green tea.
- Make Smart-Healthy Food ChoicesA healthy meal replacement – home-made smoothies, are an innovative way to add nutrition to your diet, add taste and feel full, all at the same time! Traditional spices such as cumin, cinnamon, and turmeric are full of antioxidants, so try adding them to your meals in some way. Consume fiber-rich foods such as Brown Rice, Brown Bread, Oats cereals and Whole grains Pulses. Never ever skip your breakfast!
- Avoid SugarThis does not mean that you have to avoid sweet fruits and other natural forms of sugar completely, but just the artificial sugar. Avoid consuming sweet beverages and other sweet items, unless you must have them to save your life! Try adding honey to your food if you want a dash of sweetness. If you feel the need to have something sweet post-meals, try eating a sweet fruit instead of the calorie-rich desserts. Remember, every calorie counts.
- Keep A Food DiaryKeeping a food diary shows YOU what works for you and what does not. Jotting down what you eat, how much you exercise, your body measurements etc., promote positive habits and minimize the recurrence of unhealthy habits. Make sure you don’t boycott your favorite foods, reward yourself with your most loved food item once every 15 days to help yourself stay on track.
- Get Enough SleepWhen your body does not get enough sleep it craves for energy through sugary and salty foods in order to replace the energy it lacks. Do you sleep for 8 hours every night? Is your sleep uninterrupted? Do you feel fresh and healthy when you wake up in the morning? Make sure you get enough sleep so as to be active and energetic the next day.
Losing weight does not have to be a nightmare! Follow these ’7 Weight Loss Tips For Women’. Enjoy the process on your own or with friends and it can turn out to be a fun and motivating experience!
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!