Lipstick is one of the easiest and quickest ways to transform your appearance. Lips and eyes are the most important focal points of your face so one must pay special attention to these areas while doing makeup. Lipstick staining your teeth makes you look extremely shabby. It helps keep your color looking balanced and accentuates your smile and friendly face. Applying lipstick with moisturizers and sun protection is one effective way to protect the lips from weather changes. Applying lipstick after drawing a crisp lip outline is an important key in the finishing touch since it helps to keep the color from bleeding.
How To Apply lipstick
1. First prime your lips with a good base of foundation and powder to remove all color from your lips.
2. Carry your lipstick with you incase of accidental removal or just quick touch-ups.
3. Apply your lipstick as normal, with or without lip liner.
4. Continue the line of the upper lip, keeping your mouth closed and relaxed. Use short strokes, as they are easier than a continuous line.
5. Connect the lines drawn at the top and bottom center of your lips with the lines drawn at the corners of your mouth.
6. Blot your lips gently on a tissue, being careful not to smudge or remove too much color. Then brush on a second coat of lip color to create a deeper effect.
7. To hide lip lines, apply lipstick vertically.
Shaping up Your Lips
Knowing the shape of lips, you can correct your lip shape and can make you look attractive.
Thick lips - This type of lip appear smaller if you draw the outline just within the natural shape. You must use medium toned lip color and avoid dark brows, plums and pale shimmer shades .
Thin lips - They can be easily corrected by taking the pencil outside the natural lip line. Work on it slowly and steadily to get the perfect shape. Fill in with the lipstick. A highlight of frosting on the upper lip would create an impression of fullness .
Shapeless lips - Try to make the most flattering shape by stressing the centre of the lips and then fill.