News The presentation of bio-rights at the UNEP Global Roundtable was a success. A report of the event will be made available here soon.
We do have the final recommendations made during the session at which bio-rights was presented:
You will need the Acrobat reader to open the booklet.
| Sustaining Biodiversity: |
Benefits for Community-Business Opportunities for Financial Institutions
If you don''t have the reader, get a free copy here.
The following persons were involved with the presentation of Bio-rights.
Please click on the "Statement" icon to view the document::
- Mr. Yafong Berthé, Secretary General, Ministry of the Environment, Mali
- Mr. Edwin Cyrus, Director, Conservation Area Amistad Caribe, Ministry of Environment and Energy, Costa Rica
- Dr. Herbert Diemont, Co-ordinator International Initiatives, Alterra Research Institute, Wageningen University
- Dr. Pantjar Simatupang, Director Center for Agricultural Socio-Economic Research and Development, Ministry of Agriculturem, Indonesia
Statement by Drs. Asmawi Agani, Governor of Central Kalimantan
- Mr. Bart Jan Krouwel, Managing Director Sustainable Development and Social Innovation, Rabobank
- Ms. N. Cinnamon Dornsife, Senior Advisor, Financial Markets, Forest Trends
Please refer to the following website for more information: www.unepfi.net/tokyo
So far the following activities have taken place:
- www.bio-rights.org goes online, October 2003
- Identification mission to Indonesia, August 2003
- Identification mission to Costa Rica, April 2003
- Identification mission to Mali, February 2003
- Ramsar Convention, November 2002
-Bio-rights presented at the convention.
- Forum of Central Kalimantan, September 2002
-forum hosted by the British Ambassador in Jakarta for stakeholders in Central Klimantan, including the governor.
- Jakarta, January 2002
-CIMTROP project document to assess participation of local people (with crash funding from Alterra).
- Palanka R., November 2001
-STRAPEAT team visit the governor of Kalteng.
-Kalteng province declares its participation.